Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poem #4-2012 Dragon's Breath

She said, awkwardly,
"Thanks for the compliment"
Her tone almost a question
I said something even more ridiculous
She walked away
I sat in silent disgrace

That is how it's always been:
I am no good on my feet

And although I have charmed the monster
a time or two
Exactly "how" escapes me
No learning takes place

Now I'm in a place
where I don't want to,
don't need to,
and wouldn't act on it anyway

But it's fun to see if tempting
the dragon's fire (without getting burned) is still . . .
possible



This poem contributed to dVersePoets Open Link Night.
Follow them on Twitter @dVersePoets.

4 comments:

  1. smiles...just be careful...you may still get burned before you look around..just saying...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smiles...you know it was a fun dance back in the day...i like to think i can still woo if need to...smiles.

      Delete
  2. lol, sure can be to push the envelope, push self past our own pre-conceived notions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never outgrow our dreams or our memories.

    ReplyDelete