Monday, December 5, 2011

Poem #13-2011 Anger

Anger

I am an angry, angry man.
But you have no right, she says
(cue Pollyanna list of “blessings”).
What she does not see,
what you do not see,
what I only feel
has no name. It sleeps in
cold gray solemnity
but burns to life with
each bell tolled with
each softness violated with
each mad injustice
reaped in damnable misery for
sake of
the state for
the family for
the business for
the earth

Its perpetuation
is my anger
is my
is . . . .
me.

I am anger.



This poem contributed to dVersePoets Open Link Night.
Follow them on Twitter @dVersePoets.

6 comments:

  1. you know...its been a brutal evening...and i feel this on some levels because nothing has gone right from about 3 pm on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. something about this reminds me of "A Christmas Carol" maybe just because I fell asleep watching it last night...

    "(cue Pollyanna list of “blessings”)." -loved that insert there

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're anger?!!?
    But I am anger.
    Let's channel the energy of all that anger
    into something constructive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing expression, anger is what we know at times.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. There's a lot seething here beneath the surface. I would like to have a glmpse of its more concrete aspects, as a reader. The emotions as exoressed here would sustain that, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the article "The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying"

    5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
    This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realize until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called ‘comfort’ of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content. When deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again.

    ReplyDelete